From one of the most insightful books I have read in my journey for knowledge, here is some of the core principles that you can learn from its pages.
7 Cures for a Lean Purse
- Start thy purse to fattening. Say to yourself ‘A part of all I earn is mine to keep’. Set aside ten percent of your income and watch it grow over time.
- Control thy expenditures. Don’t confuse necessary expenses with desires. Everyone has more desires than they can ever hope to fulfill, so limit your desires to what you can achieve within your income
- Make thy gold multiply. Setting aside savings is one thing, but you should invest your savings to increase your wealth
- Guard thy treasures from loss. The first sound principle of investment is security of your principal.
- Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment. Borrow money to build or buy a house, pay it off as soon as you can and your living costs will be lower.
- Insure a future income. Provide in advance for the needs of old age and the protection of your family
- Increase thy ability to learn. Cultivate your powers, study and become wiser and more skilful. This will give you the confidence to achieve your desires.